Monday, June 04, 2007

New England Trip Summary

I left NW Arkansas on June 3 and arrived home on July 4, 2007. Added 664 ticks to my ABA area total, and saw 215 different species, so obviously many species were ticked several times in different states. Compare that to 222 species seen in Kansas, and adjacents, in one week about a month earlier. I added three lifers, two at Machias Seal Island, and Bicknell's Thrush in New Hampshire. I don't know how many miles, but the routing was pretty compact except for having to go back into Vermont. I never stayed in a motel, and managed free nights about a third of the time. Nutrition wasn't great, but in New England you can get great fresh sandwiches loaded with veggies in many gas stations, so the spell of McDonald's was broken while there. Total cost was somewhere between 2 and 3 thousand bucks, mostly for gasoline, my drug of choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home